3.28.2005

finally

it's about time that the weather has caught up with the date.

lately, i've had feelings of longing for a past me. yesterday, i kind of re-lived myself, if that makes any sense - and i loved it, it just felt really good. the only way i can describe it is my california condition. the time i spent in southern california (south pasadena) in paticular just made me so happy. i used to always walk or ride my bike to this old-timey soda fountain,



and i was relaxed, and i would stop and just lay in the park on my way back. i would wear my fleece and flip-flops, and my hair would be long and flowing, i love when i am like that - i want to be like that all the time.

this situation is similar to something that happened last week. i was driving thru my home town, you know what it is, and i suddenly was overwhelmed with feelings of homesickness. even though i have not moved away yet, i felt extreme feelings of missing my home, and driving through my home town, especially when i think of walking everywhere in san francisco. not that i don't want to move away, but, parts will be sad. and i was listening to stairway to heaven when they say "There’s a feeling I get When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving", and i started to cry. thus is life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for a new post!! I know that homesick feeling you speak of, but part of me gets scared to death of living my entire life at home and never getting married. Sometimes I think I'll never get married because 1. I do not work with guys 2. I'm not steadily in school 3. Guys at Immanuel are not interested in me 4. I don't go bar-hopping and if I did, I doubt my Future Husband is there. Fantastic, eh? Yes, you introduced to me Damien Rice before he was Damien Rice and known to the college masses. You also introduced me to the Dandy Warhols, Iron and Wine, Postal Service, and the Rolling Stones. Kidding on the last one, thank god, but you get the picture. I really like David Gray and think of moonroof nights in San Marino with him. And the Ritz. Oh, the Ritz! My heart longs to be in Southern California.
...My dad was just reading to me from the Moo and Oink ad, which is a grocery store for *black* people--it was really funny. They eat the craziest stuff. Let's go shopping soon. Bye!